Contact Us   /   Council A-Z   /   Civil Defence

Building & Planning

If you are planning to build something new, make changes to an existing structure, or do something with your land that may impact on the environment, there are certain guidelines you need to adhere to and consents you need to obtain.

The building and planning areas of Tauranga City Council can provide advice on working within New Zealand’s building and resource management legislation.

Council also processes building, resource and subdivision consents. All three consents are very different, and depending on your project you may need one, two, or all three.

Further information about building or renovating

Further information about the way you use your land, resource and subdivision consents and compliance with the Resource Management Act

Last Reviewed: 05/04/2017