Council’s event facilitation team manages the bookings for events held on Council-owned public open space.
Some of the city’s event spaces include:
- Tauranga waterfront, Masonic Park and Wharepai Domain and Tauranga Domain – in the heart of the CBD
- Memorial Park – 11 hectares of central city parkland, right on the harbour.
- Our stunning beaches – Mount Main beach, Tay Street beach, Omanu beach and Papamoa beach to name a few.
- Yatton Park – located in Tauranga South
- Hopukiore (Mt Drury), Pilot Bay and Coronation Park – in the heart of Mount Maunganui
- McLaren Falls Park – 190 hectares of pastoral and horticultural parkland set alongside Lake McLaren
Overview of parks
We encourage you to contact our event facilitation team in the first instance to discuss the event’s feasibility and to offer advice and guidance on the next steps to take. We can also provide you with more detailed information and suggest other possible sites suitable for your proposed event.
To enquire about booking a market on Council-owned public open space, please contact our event facilitation team.
Sports and regular activity bookings
To enquire about making a sports booking, or booking a regular activity on Council-owned public open space, please contact our sport and recreation booking coordinator.
Independently managed event spaces
Tauranga also boasts a range of independently-managed event spaces. For more information, please contact these venues directly.
Last Reviewed: 12/10/2018