The story so far
In 2009, Tauranga City Council sold Harris Street Reserve, next to Bayfair, to facilitate the planned expansion of the Bayfair shopping mall. To replace it, we purchased land on the corner of Huia Avenue, Leander Street and Carysford Street for the development of a new neighbourhood reserve.
Last year we engaged with the local community and tangata whenua to understand what your aspirations were for the reserve.
This is what we heard you’d like:
- an open, welcoming and safe reserve for users of all ages
- a reserve that creates connections between the park and the neighbourhood around it
- a community and family-focused reserve that’s accessible to everyone
- play equipment that’s different, interesting and challenging
- a contemporary design that enhances the cultural integrity and history of the area
- natural materials where appropriate
- fruit trees to increase food security
- for the reserve to be named Huia Avenue Reserve.
The three concept designs above have been developed with these ideas in mind. Let us know what you think of them, feedback closes Monday, 4 June 5pm.
Take the survey