Established in mid-July 2009, the City Centre Action Group’s (CCAG) role is to champion the delivery of the vision, objectives and actions of the City Centre Strategy. Membership of the CCAG is at an operational level and is made up of representatives from:
- Bay of Plenty Property Council
- Creative Tauranga
- Priority One
- Tauranga Chamber of Commerce
- Tauranga City Council
- Tauranga Mainstreet
- Tertiary Partnership (Bay of Plenty Polytechnic and University of Waikato)
- Tourism Bay of Plenty
CCAG is charged with fulfilling its role by:
- Following up and driving actions.
- Assisting in resolving resourcing issues.
- Maintaining national and international awareness.
- Anchoring collaboration.
- Identifying implementation gaps.
- Recognising and furthering unique opportunities.
- Advocating for the City Centre Strategy, including submitting to Council on decisions that could impact the city centre.
- Consulting with sector groups, as appropriate, in driving City Centre Strategy actions.
- Checking ongoing validity of actions, including a three yearly review.
- Reporting to Tauranga City Council.
- Communicating City Centre Strategy action and implementation to stakeholder groups and the community.
Priority One is the administrative agency for the City Centre Action Group which includes preparing for and chairing regular meetings, monitoring progress by organisations and agencies, maintaining an up-to-date implementation plan and reporting progress to Council every six months.
The City Centre Action Group presents a six monthly progress report to Council, Below are copies of the reports to date.
Last Reviewed: 18/11/2016