Living in a Tauranga City Council unit means …
- affordable rent
- privacy and independence
- close to shopping centres and bus routes
- the security and companionship of close neighbours
- having your lawns mowed and Council gardens maintained (tenants maintain gardens designated to the flat)
- having external security lighting provided at most complexes
- having someone else be responsible for maintenance
- being part of an active neighbourhood support group in most complexes.
Are pets allowed in the units?
- Dogs are not allowed in the units.
- One cat is allowed and only if it is spayed or neutered.
- Goldfish and budgies are allowed.
How big are the units and what do they include?
- Units are all one bedroom only, suitable for individuals or couples
- All units contain a stove, carpet and vinyl in the service areas
- Curtains are provided by tenants
- Building insurance and water rates are paid for by the Council
- Tenants are responsible for contents insurance, telephone and power
- Units are non-smoking only
- People in our units are expected to act responsibly and contribute to the community lifestyle
Last Reviewed: 13/02/2017