What is the Tangata Whenua / TCC Committee?
- This is an established Standing Committee of Council made up of Tangata Whenua and Council Representatives.
- Tauranga Moana Tauranga Tangata - Our place Our People
Rapua te huarahi whanui, hei ara whakapiri i nga iwi e rua i runga i te
Seek the broad highway that will unite the two peoples
Toward a common goal
- Hayden Henry
- Whitiora McLeod
- Maru Tapsell
- Irene Walker
- Puhirake Ihaka
Tauranga City Council
- Mayor Stuart Crosby
- Cr Matt Cowley
- Cr John Robson
- Cr Leanne Brown
- Cr Bev Edlin
Purpose of the Committee
- To forge an ongoing effective and meaningful partnership between Tauranga City Council and Tangata Whenua.
The role / function of the Committee
- To facilitate meaningful understanding of future impacts on key issues affecting Tangata Whenua and Maori that Council can influence.
When and where do they meet?
- Formal meetings three times per year with Committee
- Information meetings three times per years with full Council and members of the Tangata Whenua Collective
- Council Chambers and nominated Marae around the Moana.
Who can attend these meetings?
- All meetings and workshops are open to the public, unless otherwise notified.
For further information please contact:
Takawaenga Maori Unit
Ph: 07 577 7008
Manager: Legal and Governance
Ph: 07 577 7006
Last Reviewed: 12/07/2016