Parking exemption permits are available for contractors such as builders and plumbers who are doing work on building sites in the city centre. The permits enable contractors to park in pay and display parking areas next to the building site they are working on when no other practical alternative parking is available.The permits DO NOT reserve contractors a parking space.
Please contact Tauranga City Council on 07 577 7000 or call into our Customer Service Centre at 91 Willow Street to apply for a parking permit.
You will need to supply the following information:
- your vehicle registration
- location of the work site
- name of the vehicle owner
- order number or payment in full
Parking permits are limited to a maximum of 10 consecutive working days. If you need a permit for longer than this, please contact Tauranga City Council on 07 577 7000 about obtaining a construction zone application. A construction zone application takes 72 hours to be processed.
In general, parking permits are not available for promotional, advertising or commercial purposes unless prior approval has been granted by Council. This approval requires a formal written application to be submitted at least six weeks before the event.
The current charge for parking permits are as follows. All prices include GST.
- In the $1/hour parking zone: $7 per car park per day
- In the $2/hour parking zone: $14 per car park per day
- In all non metered parking areas (city centre and all commercial city zones): $4 per car park per day.
Fees need to be paid in advance unless prior written approval has been obtained.
- permits are not transferrable to any other vehicle
- parking permits are NOT to be used in mobility parks
- a parking permit must be displayed inside the vehicle's windscreen
- if a permit is altered, photocopied or has expired an infringement notice may be issued
Construction Zones Applications
If you need a parking permit for longer than 10 days you need to apply for a construction zone permit.
Please contact Tauranga City Council on 07 577 7000 about obtaining a construction zone application. A construction zone application takes 72 hours to be processed.
Some discounts may apply for construction zones depending on how long they are required for. Any additional costs to install construction zone signage will need to be covered by the contractor.
Last Reviewed: 27/03/2014