Development and Financial Contributions
A development contribution or financial contribution is a fee payable towards the infrastructure that is required as the result of the growth of Tauranga City. These fees may be payable on service connections, building consents and resource consents.
Tauranga City has two types of Contributions:
- Local Development Contributions fund local infrastructure in particular parts (catchments) of the city. This fee is generally payable on a subdivision consent to create additional allotments but is also payable in some other circumstances.
- Citywide Development Contributions fund city-wide infrastructure that all development in the city benefits from. The fee is generally payable on building consents or service connections for new residential dwellings or additional business floor areas but is also payable in some other circumstances.
The policy sets these fees. It applies to developments that are consented in the current financial year, which runs from 1 July to 30 June. The policy is reviewed annually.
Draft Development Contribution Policy 2017 - 2017
The draft 2017/18 Policy will be open for public submissions (alongside the 2017/18 Annual Plan consultation) from 20 March 2017 until 2.00pm 20 April 2017.
Draft Development Contribution Policy 2017-2018
Development Contribution Policy 2016 - 2017
The 2016/17 Development Contributions Policy was adopted by the Tauranga City Council on Monday 27 June 2016.
Previous Development Contribution Policies
Some useful development contribution brochures:
- Infrastructure Contributions: Introduction (226kb pdf)
- Residential Infrastructure Contributions: Fees (186kb pdf)
- Residential Infrastructure Contributions: Building Consents (232kb pdf)
For further information on Development Contributions or Financial Contributions please contact Council's Growth Funding & Policy Advisor on 07 577 7000.
Last Reviewed: 20/03/2017