The Elders' Strategy outlines Tauranga City Councils (TCC) role towards elders living in Tauranga City.
The Elders' Strategy is seen as a framework document that provides older people in Tauranga with a representative voice in relation to matters of relevance to older people.
The strategy is seen as a mechanism to bring about initiatives to make the city more inclusive to older people.
It is recognised that there is close alignment between the Elders' Strategy and Age-Friendly City Strategy. When the stocktake of all Council strategies is undertaken as part of the Ten Year Plan process (2015) a full review of the Elders' Strategy will be undertaken.
Tauranga is a city where people can age positively, elders are highly valued and recognised as an integral part of the community.
- Elders participate in decisions that affect them and contribute to the community.
- Elders actively participate in recreation and leisure activities.
- There is affordable and appropriate housing for elders.
- There is accessible transport opportunities for elders.
- Support is provided to enable elders to access the Council services they may require.
- People of all ages have positive attitudes to ageing and elders.
Last Reviewed: 28/06/2016