This athletics track at the Tauranga Domain is the only all-weather track in the Bay of Plenty region. Built in 2008, it has enabled top level athletics meetings to be held in Tauranga; such as the 2009 NZ Masters Games.
The track is free and open for all casual users so long as there is no formal event being held there.
- It is an 8 lane Mondo Track.
- There is a water jump on the inside of the track at the northern end.
- There are two triple jump run-ups.
- Pole vault outside the track on the back straight.
- High jump fan at the southern end javelin run-up at the southern end.
- Running spikes to be either xmas tree or pyramid maximum length 6mm.
- Casual users training are encouraged to run in lanes 4 to 8.
Event and equipment bookings
Bookings are taken by the Tauranga City Council Parks Booking Coordinator, phone 07 577 7169 or email email@example.com For non-local event holders there is a $9.20 per hour charge for the track.
Specialised athletics equipment is available for hire from the Tauranga Millennium Track Trust, contact Ray Young 07 5753159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other details regarding athletics please refer to the Tauranga Ramblers website.
Last Reviewed: 07/12/2016