Third party building reports can be received by Council and added to a property file in certain circumstances.
Tauranga City Council receives independent third party building reports for:
- unauthorised building work that was undertaken before 1 July 1992
- building work completed pursuant to a building permit issued prior to 1 July 1992
- building work exempt under schedule 1 of the Building Act 2004 (at time work was undertaken.
The reports will be placed on property files as a public record only.
Each report will be read by Council staff, but it should be noted:
- The council does not accept any liability for the content of the third party report.
- The council does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the third party report.
- Under the Building Act, the third party report is not a CCC (Code Compliance Certificate).
- The Council is not obliged to issue a CCC as a result of receiving the third party report.
- The third party report will not authorise any building works undertaken without a building consent.
- The third party report will not limit the council’s ability to enforce the provisions of the Building Act in the future.
Submitting a third party report
Complete the cover sheet/lodgment form and hand in to staff at the council’s customer service centre along with your $393.80 filing fee at 91 Willow Street.
Environmental monitoring and compliance staff will issue a letter to confirm that the report has been received, reviewed and placed on the property file as a public record.
Last Reviewed: 04/09/2018