Contact Us   /   Council A-Z   /   Civil Defence

Alcohol, Food & Health

Setting up a business?

If you are planning to sell or supply alcohol or food to the public, or set up a business which may have health impacts, there are certain guidelines you need to adhere to and licences you need to obtain.

Tauranga City Council issues licences and consents covering a range of activities, including:

We also monitor compliance with consents and city bylaws, respond to health concerns, and investigate complaints about public nuisance.

As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct licences and consents for your operation. If you are unsure what you need, browse through these pages or contact the Council on 07 577 7000.

Last Reviewed: 20/09/2016