Tauranga City Council's wastewater treatment plants and laboratory have an environmental policy.
Through the support and commitment of top management, the Wastewater Treatment Plants and Laboratory are committed to:
- Ensuring all treated wastewater discharged into the ocean, and/or supplied for irrigation purposes, meets on-going resource consent conditions
- Understanding and measuring the impact we have on the environment
- Identifying and addressing our environmental impacts
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its suppliers and on-site maintenance contractors
- Continual improvement in environmental management
- Comply with relevant legislation, consents and regulations
- Use resources efficiently, avoiding non-sustainable practices
- Use best practical techniques to prevent pollution.
We shall provide a framework that:
- Enables staff to take ownership as individuals and teams for proper environmental practices at work.
- Seeks to avoid environmental incidents, but is well prepared to manage them if needed.
- Educates and informs staff and interested parties of environmental issues, and enlists their support in improving performance.
- Sets and reviews environmental objectives and targets to measure and monitor progress.
- Considers the environmental impact and sustainability of our work alongside the operational, financial and social aspects.
Last Reviewed: 07/11/2016