The purpose of Tauranga City Council’s Wastewater Management Review Committee’s Environmental Mitigation and Enhancement Fund (EMEF) is to fund and facilitate measures and initiatives to mitigate the effects of the wastewater scheme.
Initiatives may include:
- Providing opportunities for capacity building of tangata whenua, monitoring the cultural effects and involvement of tangata whenua in sampling, testing and monitoring.
- Research into issues relevant to water quality and ecological issues and health and size of shellfish populations
Many groups can apply to this fund, including but not limited to:
- Community trusts
- Educational institutes
- District and city councils
- Environmental organisations
- Public health organisations
Applications can be made at any time.
Find up-to-date information and application forms for Council’s Wastewater Environmental Mitigation and Enhancement Fund:
EMEF policy manual (277kb pdf)
EMEF application form (267kb doc)
Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply.
For help with your application, contact:
Toby Barach, Consents Officer
Last Reviewed: 23/01/2017