Waterline is an education and advice service provided by Tauranga City Council. We aim to educate residents on how to look after their drinking, waste and storm water. Our objective is to help show you what you can do to lower your water bill, help prevent unnecessary sewage spills and help keep the city waterways clean.
Watch our video: Unseen Heroes – from Source to Sea
Fixing a leaky tap - a Mitre 10 Easy As Demonstration
Tui - Water Saving Guide
Did you know:
- Tauranga has AA graded drinking water – some of the best drinking water in the country!
- the average Tauranga home (2.5 occupants) uses 493 litres of water per day
- stormwater is not treated – it goes straight to the harbour or sea
- we process an average of 27 million litres of wastewater a day
- most sewage spills in the city result from things like wet wipes, clothing, fat, cotton buds or nappies being put into the the toilet or drains and causing blockages.
Last Reviewed: 07/11/2016